British Chamber of Commerce in Lithuania
The British Chamber of Commerce in Lithuania (BCC) is a non-profit organization founded in 1999 and has become one of the most active foreign chambers in the country. The Chamber has more than 120 members, representing British, Lithuanian and International Business, as well as individuals operating in Business Consulting & Training, Software Development, Property Development, Transport & Logistics, Accounting, Tax & Legal services, Banking, Manufacturing, Hotels and other business fields.
To promote and develop business relations between the UK and Lithuania.
Main goals of the Chamber
- Providing a forum for English speaking business people in Lithuania;
- Ensuring a vibrant and interconnected business community;
- Creating networking opportunities in Lithuania and the UK;
- Representing the economic interests of our members
Creates a forum through which members can identify and discuss their common business interests and exchange information about business activities.
On average the Chamber organizes over 25 events during each events' season which starts in September and ends in June. Regular events organized by the BCC include:
- Monthly Breakfast Technical Briefings (usually the last Wednesday of the month). Their main objective is to help members keep abreast of tax and legal changes, along with other issues affecting the Lithuanian business sector. The Breakfast Technical Briefings are held in the Shakespeare hotel which is situated in the heart of Vilnius old town.
- Speaker Meetings, which are organised approximately every 3 months and feature top-level speakers on stimulating topics. They offer a discussion platform, through a question-and-answer session, between participants and prominent political and business figures. Networking Buffet Lunches or Dinners create an excellent opportunity to meet business representatives and make new business contacts. They are normally held in different hotels which are members of the Chamber.
- New Members' Evenings are organised twice a year with the objective of helping new Members integrate into the Chamber and stimulating interest in their activities among existing members. New Members Evenings are usually held in the British Embassy or at the British Ambassador's residence in Vilnius.
- Member visits: Meet, See and Network. The main idea of this series of events is to find out more about other BCC members and their core activities.
- Joint Events (with other foreign chambers of commerce in Lithuania & Pan Baltic events)
- The AGM & Business Reception is normally held in Spring in the presence of BCC members, friends of the Chamber and various business organisations in Lithuania. It's a great opportunity to share business news and ideas in an English speaking business environment.
- Political Briefing Lunches are organized twice a year for BCC Board and Sponsor members with the kind support of the British Ambassador.
- Workshops offering skills and training in a variety of fields from experts from the UK and Lithuania .
- Other Business events
- Burns Night is the Chamber's main annual charity event. Each year it attracts considerable interest from members, friends and distinguished guests from Lithuania, Scotland and England. The funds raised at the charity raffle are donated to the local charities.
- The Season Opening Event is an informal social event held at the beginning of September in different locations around Lithuania, helping to promote an area of the country away from the capital and allowing members to socialise together before entering the busy autumn period.
- Christmas Carols/ Informal Christmas drink is a traditional English Christmas celebration with Christmas Carols sung during the event. This event has proven to be extremely popular.
- Guy Fawkes (Bonfire) Night is a traditional event that has been widely celebrated in the UK, on November 5th, for the past 4 centuries. It's considered a family event and is celebrated outside with a bonfire, the Guy and fireworks.